40 Life Lessons and thoughts
Thank you very much for joining me today for another post.
Recently, I turned the nice human age of… 40! Wow! So, I wrote up 40 random life lessons and thoughts with you.
I hope that you will also find value and ask yourself what lessons and beliefs you have come to discover in your journey of life.
40 lessons and thoughts about life
- My parents are not always correct, but neither were their parents.
- Forgiveness is key to freedom.
- I have 24 hours in a day, and I get to choose what I will do with this precious time.
- I don’t “have to” to do anything I don’t want to.
- If I want something, I can get it… sometimes it might cost a lot of work and money, but it is possible!
- It is OK to give up things such as habits and thoughts that do not serve me.
- Watching my kids sleep provides me a great sense of peace and appreciation.
- I must be clear with my communication starting with myself.
- I cannot make anyone else do anything they do truly want to do.
- My wants change from year to year, but the constant is happiness and health.
- True health, wealth and joy come from within.
- Profits are better than wages, but I am grateful for my wages 🙂
- I am brainwashed, but I get choose what I want to be brainwashed with.
- I choose to enjoy my children and be open to receive their innocent “presents”/ “presence”
- True friendship endures distance and silence. Sending love to my friends! Thank you for being there in spirit wherever you may geographically be 🙂
- Death is not the end; it is a point of transition.
- Gratitude is my chosen attitude as well as a habit I am thankful for.
- I am happiest when speaking, writing and expressing my truth.
- I am also most connected, passionate and coherent when I express my truth.
- Good things and great people always come to me at exactly the right time and place.
- Regret is a waste of energy and focus power… but it can be a great teacher.
- If I fail, I get up and try again unless what I am trying to do is not in alignment with my values.
- I embrace and acknowledge my fears. I look into them, say thank you, and act inspire of them.
- My parents’ fears, anxieties, ideals and expectations are not mine. I lovingly release the burden and obligation to think as they do.
- I choose to make LOVE the bottom line.
- I learned to utter “love” and actually not be embarrassed by it in my thirties.
- I learned to drive when I was 16 but did not get my full licence until I was afraid to fail, so I got it around 30. I now drive with confidence. Driving has provided me a great sense of freedom and accomplishment! It’s never too late to learn.
- Pain is a great motivator for action. Discomfort or getting sick is a great reminder for how wonderful it is to be WELL!
- I learned to let go and forgive those who “victimized” me, and now I empower myself. I am getting saying ‘no’ firmly yet lovingly and respectfully to people, offers and situations I don’t want.
- I know what my values are, but I am open to knowing myself more and more deeply every moment. In other words, I am open to self discovery.
- Nature, silence and movement provide the best remedy for a healthy life.
- I don’t need to hold onto my high school stuff anymore… (more to come about creating space)
- I write my life in every moment.
- Appreciation is free, and it feels wonderful!
- I am love-able because I am.
- People are kind, receptive and understanding because they reflect back to me.
- Thoughts become things if those thoughts are given enough attention, intensity and energy.
- Money is not evil. The root of money is not evil. I don’t even believe there is evil anymore. “Money is life energy that we exchange and use as a result of the service we provide to the Universe.” – Deepak Chopra.
- The best thing about university was not my degree. It was about the lifelong friends and experiences I gained.
- Lessons are available to me right now.
What lessons have your learned in your life? Pleas share!
Thank you for joining me! And as always, I love hearing from you.
Make yourself the most amazing day 🙂