Medical Medium Cleanse Day 4: 4 Pounds Lighter!
Day 4 Update
Boy is it ever hot and humid out. Summer is indeed on its way.
What a great time I have chosen for doing this cleanse.
If you haven’t read my previous posts regarding this topic, the Medical Medium Cleanse, taken from Anthony William’s book titled Medical Medium: Secrets Behind Chronic and Mystery Illness and How to Finally Heal, is basically eating raw fruits and vegetables for 28 days. Every year I usually do two cleanses during Spring and Fall. I have not done a cleanse longer than 12 days straight, so I am just taking this one day at a time.
So far, it is going great!
Today I felt inspired to step on the scale. Now, I didn’t weight myself on day 1, but the weight I had last seen on the scale was 171.5 lbs. Today, it read 167.5 lbs 🙂 When using a scale, make sure it helps your gauge where you are at, not if you are going to be happy or not. For me, the weight measurement was congruent with how my body was feeling, so it made sense and added to my delight.
The first day is usually easiest, but as the days pass, I usually start craving things that are not part of the cleanse. On day 2, I had some specific instances when I felt like something crispy and crunchy when I noticed my kids were watching TV. Ah-ha! I noticed an association between certain behaviors. In this case, it was watching TV and munching on chips or a substitute. Salty and crispy is very addictive.
When I realized this thought, I quickly focused my mind on something else. You see, the trick is not to get the thought out or not to think a thought rather you must replace it with something else.
- more energy! I especially feel this in the eyes. When I wake up in the morning these last four three days my eyes have had a much easier time opening and adjusting without strain within minutes whereas before my eyes were struggling with squinting a lot of the day.
- I feel satisfied and hydrated most of the time
- My energy is pretty level for the most part
- regular and easy bowel movements
- clothes are feeling less tight
- able to be more flexible and breathe better especially when doing yoga
- I have not had to cook or heat up anything for my meals, so less pots and pans to be washed 😉
- on the evening of day 1, I felt quite tired around 8PM, and wanted to go to sleep
- I am finding my brain is still on when I am in bed trying to fall asleep. Then again, this may have to do with getting up for the kids, not particularly due to the cleanse.
- Sometimes I feel some cravings for crispy starches, but this is very minor
- still to come… how to to travel, visit family, eat at a buffet and still be on this cleanse?
A Typical Day
- Get up
- Drink water with some freshly squeezed lime juice
- Start eating between 10 – 10:30 AM depending on what time I had finished eating the night before
- Eat lunch between 1:15 PM – 2 PM
- Have a snack when the kids come home
- Eat supper after the kids are fed – this has typically been between 5 and 6:10 PM
Have you ever decided to cleanse while travelling or visiting family? How were you successful at maintaining your cleanse while still having a good time with family? I love hearing from you, so do leave your comment!
Until next time, have fun!