Reflections on 2017
What a wonderful year 2017 has been!
For the sake of brevity, here are the highlights in my 2017 year:
- I left my old job in downtown Toronto, and got a job with a great company working in my local downtown walking distance from my home! What a blessing! This was all in good time because the bridge on Henry Street connecting over the 401 was taken down and replaced. As well, GO Train fares are no longer write-off-able for income tax purposes. Working downtown also allowed me to race over to see my good friends at the weekly May – October Farmers’ Market.
My Own THING and personal development
- I started a podcast titled “it’s Chooseday!” powered by my spouse’s suggestion.
- I attended the Real Estate and Wealth Expo with my spouse – this is where we heard great speakers talk such as Tony Robbins, Pitbull and Raymond Aaron.
- I enrolled in the Monthly Mentor Program with Raymond Aaron, a podcasting course with Sam Crawly and other programs.
- I attended a full day live seminar with Raymond Aaron, and it was packed with much wisdom and lessons.
- Seeds of a book for educators have been planted in my head and heart…
- Inspiration to fully capture and share a ONE year self-improvement experiment for 2018!
Kids and Family
- Remy has been diaper free (maybe except a few nights), and mostly has had a dry bed most of the year!!!! WOOHOO!!!!
- We have an energetic private speech path for Remy
- Mani’s language has blossomed, and he is VERY funny! He continues to love building things and pestering his sister 😉 He also loves building things especially with Lego.
- Sophia has enjoyed weekly gymnastics classes and will be entering juniors in January 2018. She and I have also started weekly singing classes!
- Alex has found the FUN in life with podcasting! WOOHOO!
Other Special Specials
- My friend Danielle drove across the country with her kids, and we were blessed to receive her daughter for a sleepover with Sophia. We also got to hang out, chat and catch up.
- Holly drove to Cornwall to meet me, Sophia, Mani and my nephew Ian when we were visiting family in Quebec this summer. It was great to see her and her growing kids! We couldn’t believe how much an ice cream cost. LOL.
- I got to see my friend Jennifer TWO times! Thank you, Jenny for making the trip up to “surprise” me for my birthday “surprise” hehe.
- I met up with my friend Gabrielle after over a year!
- I got to see my friends more this year for special birthdays and other get-togethers
- and more!
- Experienced float spa for the first time… next time I am going into a pod that can keep me warm!
- My parents went on vacation… twice! Wow 🙂
Books and people of influence
- The Minimalists
- Conversations with God Book 2 by Neale Donald Walsch
- Will Bowen
- Raymond Aaron
- Secrets of the Millionaire Mind by T. Harv Eker
- Hot Detox by Julie Daniuk
- Anthony Robbins
What I am looking forward to in 2018
- Crystal clear body, mind and physical space… meaning:
- Giving my body and mind 365 days off processed refined sugar!
- Regularly (at least once a week) letting go of the “stuff” that’s holding me back, and saying “no” to clutter (anything that does not serve me) before it starts mounting!
Thank you for spending time with me.
What great things have you experienced this 2017? What are you looking forward to?
I so look forward to spending more time with you in 2018.
Life is by design; choose the details, take action and live it!
Looking out for my next post on my “Best Breath Ever Experiment in 2018: *sugar* free for 365 days”.